Siemens Rolling Stock are currently recruiting for a Materials Manager to join our Moorgate contract at our Hornsey depot in north London. You will manage the flow of materials, equipment, goods, supplies and control the materials planning function for projects in conjunction with related procurement activities. You will also provide procurement support for the designated fleet by ensuring that materials are of the required standard and are available at the production facility to meet the requirements of the maintenance operations.
What are your responsibilities?
- Preparing detailed material demand planning and associated costs in conjunction with our procurement function to support the tendering process for new fleets and/or fleet franchise changes
- Working with respective partners and project managers, you will provide materials management and logistics planning expertise to ensure project overhaul and modification upgrade programs are accurately planned and mobilized
- Liaise with the projects team and fleet operations to achieve optimized project delivery on time to budget
- Work with suppliers, including third party logistics providers to ensure project overhaul and modification programs are planned and delivered to schedule
- Provide a proactive procurement support service to the designated fleet for engineered parts, facilities, all goods and services in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure materials of the required standards are available at the production facility to meet the requirement of the maintenance operation
- Work with the Materials Control Manager in relation to warranty failed product for the designated fleet and to take the lead role in negotiating claim settlements for products covered by contractual warranty in cohesion with counterparts on other contracts
- Line management of the Stores Manager, Materials Controller and Materials Expeditor
- Liaise with depot management, Siemens AG warranty representative, to satisfy the timely conclusion of warranty claims
- Work with the designated Fleet Engineering / Technical representatives to assist in coordination with investigative efforts; root cause and corrective action on all repairable product, in particular warranty-failed products
- Take a proactive role in addressing quality concerns and repair work with the suppliers (Supply chain) to ensure that preventive measures are pursued
- Engage with the suppliers and liaise with systems experts to agree product reliability improvement and obsolescence solutions
What Qualifications and experience do you need?
- Experience in rail materials (preferred), stores management or engineering position
- Detailed knowledge of materials and stores management procedures and warranty process
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software
- CIPS Professional diploma in Procurement and Supply preferred
- Project Management experience would be preferred
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time