If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You analyze requests for tenders with regards to overall system and subsystem (signalling, power supply, rolling stock engineering) requirements from the RAMS perspective.
- You are responsible to lead the project specific RAMS process together with the safety team and the interfaces to Independent Safety Assessors and the client.
- You define, perform and supervise the process in accordance with the company policy as well as mandatory requirements, regulations and international standards (e. g. EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, EN 61508).
- You independently plan complete solutions, design and optimize systems. In doing so, you always have the achievement of the RAMS goals in mind.
- You advise on the implementation of complex system concepts, innovations, technical risk potential and competitor analysis.
- You are responsible to coordinate and implement the RAMS plan, the hazard mitigation process, prepare and maintain the hazard log and manage the hazard close-out process as well as the activities to perform the project-specific Safety Case including technical safety report.
- You are involved in system integration tests and trial runs to prepare and perform the RAMS demonstration activities, and in the commissioning of complete solutions.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- Engineering degree in electrical/ traffic engineering with the focus on RAMS management, or comparable technical based apprenticeship with a minimum of 10 years applied system safety case experience including major engineering projects in the railway industry and extensive professional experience in railway transportation systems.
- Profound experience in executing of area of RAMS management activities, Knowledge and experience of system safety analysis techniques, engineering safety processes, safety audits and standards including EN 50126 as well as System Safety Cases including functional safety process for safety related HW/SW (E/E/PE) with SIL>0.
- Understanding of railway related infrastructure including trackwork, station & tunnel M&E systems and transit systems including rolling stock, signaling, communication and power systems.
- Project experience in the context of international customer or development projects is desirable
- Technical team leadership experience as well as work effectively with Client organizations with discretion and diplomacy and be able to influence outcomes with good judgement and decision making as well as create an effective working relationship at all levels, Encourage and enable teams to work effectively.
- Operate under the minimum of supervision and apply high standards of integrity and responsibility, engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders and negotiate effectively in formal settings involving multiple stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to ensure that the RAMS requirements are understood by the project and that client acceptance of the RAMS submissions is obtained within the constraints of limited timescales.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 - 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Daniela Welz.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organisation: Siemens Mobility
Unternehmen: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional