Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for results-oriented students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens in Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing and customer services for the global industrial market. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are passionate about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
Our engineering sales apprenticeship programme lasts for four years, during which time you will spend time studying towards your academic qualifications alongside working.
During the Engineering sales apprenticeship, you will rotate around our internal sales teams, partner management, marketing and business development as well as having the spending some time in each of our Digital Industries business units in our Manchester office for the first two years. The final two years will be spent training as part of our external sales team.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Supporting our customers internally with purchasing our products
- Travelling to customer locations across the UK and shadowing our sales professionals and account managers
- Participation in responsibility for sales projects and solutions together with our customers
- Working with customers to identify new business and market challenges, utilising insights and good questioning and listening techniques. Identifying strategic & innovative solutions integrating products and excellent service solutions, to meet customer needs.
- Analysing the business environment, industry, sector and competitors to identify potential new customers. Building, prioritising and managing the pipeline of prospects according to their potential, ensuring strategic and commercial fit with own organisation.
Your learning journey begins here:
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work in a dynamic real-life situation whilst also being supported. During this apprenticeship you will work towards a Level 6 BSc in Business to Business Sales on a block release basis delivered in conjunction with Consalia.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Somebody who is results-oriented, driven and self-motivated to succeed
- Enthusiastic about a career sales, passionate about technology and always keen to learn new skills.
- You are organised and happy to challenged and stretched.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and relationship-building abilities
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve two A Levels at Grades A*-C or equivalent (at least one Maths or STEM subject is preferred but not essential).
We also welcome applications from those with a BTEC Level 3 certificate in related subject area with at least a DDM grading.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school and have your degree paid for all whilst earning a salary and an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
Throughout the apprenticeship there will be the requirement to travel to Siemens and Customer locations within the UK and potentially travel outside of the UK. This can also be required at short notice.
This apprenticeship meets the eligibility requirements for Sales Certification with the Association of Professional Sales (APS). Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity in the workplace and is a corporate member of WISE (Women in Science, technology and Engineering), and a signatory to the WISE Ten Steps campaign.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time