Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Data Lake Platform Senior Expert
The Data Lake Platform
Senior Expert provides support for the Data Lake product owner delivering
various Data Lake Services to drive digitalization in the company by creating and supporting innovative,
data-based solutions for our self-service analytics platform in the cloud.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will contribute to the solution architecture and development of our Cloud Data Lake Platform
- You will be contributing to the support and operations of a Data Analytics platform in alignment with demands from various internal stakeholders
- You will ensure smooth deployment/operation of the Cloud production system incl. 3rd level support (ticket resolution) and coordination of outages with technical and business stakeholders
- You will develop, implement and operate data provisioning requests, including data integration, views and flows (e.g. ETL)
- You will engineer and automate our Cloud environments for security, reliability, monitoring and scale
- You will pro-actively identify and implement improvements to maintain optimal system performance
- You will analyze innovative new software components and methods (such as cloud solutions) and will pilot solutions in order to carry out initial proof-of-concepts
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a master’s degree in Computer Science or in an equivalent discipline
- We would also welcome applications from candidates who hold a bachelor's degree or have completed a vocational training course and further training with additional professional experience in these areas
- You have several years of experience in the field of Cloud Services, e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud and have worked in cross-functional teams
- You have experience as a Software Developer or DevOps Engineer in agile working models
- You have several years of experience in the field of data management and data architecture, with a particular focus on databases and database languages (SQL)
- You have strong experience in data models of Enterprise Suites SAP ERP, SAP BI, SAP HANA
- You have good understanding of enterprise data landscapes and architectural building blocks and various data assets
- You have good understanding of frontend and analytics applications like Qlik or PowerBI
· You have strong technical expertise in DB technologies (Snowflake, Oracle, Hadoop, MS-SQL etc.), data integration methods ODBC, CDC and ETL
· You have good understanding of Windows, Linux, MS Office, JSON, Restful APIs, SQL, Azure infrastructure and Azure based Solutions, VM
Your attributes and skills:
· You are results-driven with the ability to take initiative
- You have a strong analytical mindset for solving problems as well as good people skills and the ability to motivate colleagues in implementing solutions
- You can handle multiple parallel tasks by shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- You are a team player and you are able to demonstrate influencing and relationship-building skills with clients, partners and people from various backgrounds and cultures
- You have good communication skills and the ability to interact with project managers and operation teams
- Your fluent English enables you to collaborate and communicate with colleagues in an international environment. Ideally, you also have good German language skills for communicating with your German-speaking stakeholders
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.