Wanted: Application Engineers of the future!
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
As an Application Engineer at Siemens Industry, Building Products, you are the expert in HVAC refrigeration equipment that knows how to apply the Siemens product range to deliver solutions to meet market needs and satisfy unique OEM customer needs. Working in the Application Center of Competence, you will be in a multi-functional sales and development environment, that is responsible to provide application support for the Siemens portfolio, to meet our business goals: generate growth, build dedicated customers, and maximize return on investment. You will help drive the overall process for application specification and development in accordance with our market strategy and ensure our OEM partners receive the best solution for their market requirements.
The individual in this role will be part of the Application Center of Competence and be responsible for driving application development for new product solutions. The individual will also help in supporting our OEM partners in clarifying requirements, developing designs and sequences of operation, selecting products, programming applications, and providing sales and operations support as needed.
- Work within Application Center of Competence in helping to establish market requirements for new solution developments
- Conduct product feature/benefit analysis in support of improved product offering within the market
- Define sequence of operations and develop new application code to help grow market share
- Lead engineering efforts within the Application Center of Competence for requests made by customers
- Translate customer equipment sequence of operations and develop application code in support of requirements.
- Assist in product evaluations within targeted OEM accounts to define marketable value
- Provide support to Product Management and Marketing during product development and launch of new solutions
- Work with test engineers to define test plans and validate application code as needed
- Support OEM sales team as technical/application expert during customer meetings as needed
- Train customers to enable customization of delivered applications as needed
- Work with both customer and internal groups in support of identifying and resolving field issues as needed
- Conduct both customer and sales team trainings specific to product operation, feature/benefit, programming, installation, and troubleshooting as needed
- Strong understanding of chiller / heat pump technology
- 5+ years of recent experience with HVAC equipment design and control programming, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of related energy and industry-specific codes, laws and specifications.
- Validated strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate sophisticated technology concepts simply and concisely.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Up to 10% travel
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- MATLAB, LabVIEW, Logicad
- Understanding in mechatronic
- Experienced in HVAC equipment control programming Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.