Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position is based in Buffalo Grove, Illinois,.
As an Application Engineer at Siemens Industry, Building Products, you are the expert in HVAC equipment that knows how to apply the Siemens product range to deliver solutions to meet unique OEM customer needs. Working in the Application Center of Competence, you will be in a multi-functional sales and development environment, that is responsible to provide pre-sales and application support for the Siemens portfolio, to meet our business goals: generate growth, build dedicated customers, and maximize return on investment. You will help drive the overall process for application specification and development to ensure our OEM partners receive the best solution for their market requirements.
The individual in this role will be part of the Application Center of Competence and be responsible for supporting our OEM partners in clarifying requirements, developing designs and sequences of operation, selecting products, programming applications, and providing sales and operations support as needed.
- Work with Product Portfolio Manager in establishing market requirements for new product developments
- Support OEM sales team as technical/application expert during customer meetings
- Conduct product feature/benefit analysis in support of improved sales effectiveness within the market
- Perform product evaluations within targeted OEM accounts to define marketable value
- Co-development of the technical on-boarding plan for new customers, in support of proposal development
- Use programming tools to translate customer equipment sequence of operations into application code
- Work with test engineers to define test plans and validate application code
- Provide support to Product Management and Marketing during product development and launch
- Work with both customer and internal groups in support of identifying and resolving field issues
- Co-development of Siemens product use within customer facilities
- Work directly with engineering and product management in coordinating custom requests by customers
- Participate in both customer and sales team trainings specific to product operation, feature/benefit, programming, installation, and troubleshooting
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Good understanding of chiller / heat pump technology
- 2+ years of recent experience with HVAC equipment design and control programming, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Company will be providing 6 month- 1 years of training in Switzerland or Italy.
- Understanding of related energy and industry-specific codes, laws and specifications.
- Validated strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate sophisticated technology concepts simply and concisely.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or computer science
- Up to 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- MATLAB, LabVIEW, Logicad
- Understanding in mechatronic
- Structure programming language like java or C++ or .net
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
Experienced in HVAC equipment control programming
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.