We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Smart building interacts with the people, systems and external elements around them.
Imagine you are a team member and develops the core asset of smart buildings.
You have the technical talent and passion to work on complex technology cases and the enthusiasm to provide best-in-class solutions to our customers. You set new standards for smart buildings and #CreatingPerfectPlaces.
Your new responsibilities
Develop next generation IoT based building automation system to improve building energy efficiency with strong focus to ease of use.
- Product design and implementation for a IoT based system based on embedded Linux
- Build Eco System with wired and wireless device integration
- Selection and adaptation of Open- and Inner Source components and frameworks
- Maintain and improve the CI/CD build pipeline with a strong focus on automation to ensure overall quality
- Close collaboration with colleagues in open- and inner source communities with focusing on upstream
- Working in an agile development environment while following Scrum and SAFe principles
- Conceptual work with strong focus to solution security
Your skills and experience
- Engineering university degree (electrics, computer science or comparable)
- In-depth knowledge of product design and implementation in modern C++ for embedded devices based on Linux (Yocto / cross development) and OSS
- At least five years’ experience in object-oriented design preferably implemented in modern C ++ as well as in scripting languages (Python)
- Quality awareness with focus to automated CI/CD chain
- In depth knowledge of industrial standard configuration management CMake
- Member of an agile development team to launch a product in short time frame
- Proactive and motivated personality with excellent communication skills to cooperate with other disciplines as well as other locations in a global setup
- Strong proficiency in English; sound German skills are beneficial in this role
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either