Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Commodity Manager.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Commodity Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage globally sourced commodities and foster cross functional alignment within the area of responsibility to ensure a best-in-class supply chain.
- Define, create, implement and align cross functionally on commodity strategy to ensure long term, cost efficient and risk adverse supply of materials
- Control, manage and understand the drivers of the assigned spend with the aim to maximize productivity of the purchased components.
- Define and implement negotiation concepts and strategies to maximize savings. Negotiate, develop and maintain frame purchasing contracts for all related suppliers to ensure a reliable and robust supply chain of product.
- Drive cost optimization across assigned commodities as well as build strong supplier management relationship with assigned suppliers.
- Proactively identify and mitigate all relevant procurement risks. Identify and exploit opportunities within a risk managed framework.
- Perform all aspects of supplier management from supplier identification, selection and approval within the required framework to develop a robust supplier portfolio to deliver the respective commodity. Manage ongoing strategic supplier performance and risk evaluations and development to ensure a robust supply chain is maintained.
- Support internal Procurement transformational programs, embracing digitalization as an enabler to improved working.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have solid knowledge in Supply Chain Management, Strategic Sourcing, Commodity Management, Procurement Market Analysis, commercial terms and conditions, and OEM manufacturing.
- You are able to plan, organize and analyze data to build recommendations on sourcing strategies with implications for vendor selection, through Total Cost of Ownership analysis.
- You are able to present specific content comprehensively to respective target groups (senior and executive management).
- You have full understanding of early involvement levers (E-Auction, bundling, etc.).
- You have experience in building strong supplier management.
- You have advanced leadership and teamwork skills.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills at all organizational levels.
- You have advanced PC skills (MS Office software suite, SAP, data analytics PBI, Qlik).
- Willingness to travel and flexibility is expected.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant area.
- 5+ years of related experience in procurement, project management or engineering with an international organization.
- Highly refined negotiating skills. Documented track record of successfully negotiating complex, high dollar contracts for products or services.
- Demonstrated track record of being proactive, self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.