This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direct support for the planning, direction and execution for complex software centric security projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Technical Integration Development:
* Support and guide field delivery teams for current and future business operations technical needs through the effective and innovative use of IT applications.
* Evaluate needs and upgrades of Operating Systems, Database Servers and other applications from software vendors and plan application interrogations, migrations for upgrades, identify modifications that are required in upgrade and prepare appropriate testing plan.
* Plan and moderate regular meetings with departments or project teams to establish project priorities and plan project technical deliverables.
* Oversee the definition and documentation of all system requirements associated with new application projects.
* Assist Sales and project managers in the planning of projects including the identification of tasks, estimation of effort, and the allocation of managed resources and ensure that project tracking systems are kept current with actual progress and changes in scope.
* Assist Sales with Estimates and design build projects to include labor and materials.
* Ensure that test plans are developed and performed and secure user approval before releasing software / integration to production
* Manage overall analysis and design of integration solutions to meet business requirements.
* Provide leadership in continuous process improvement within integrated application. Development areas of application design, development, and implementation
* Work with project team in defining implementation tasks, prepare time and cost estimates, review requirements to ensure the project is adequately defined and provide technical advice and guidance to project managers.
* Work in identifying testing platforms and infrastructure requirements for deploying new applications
* Provide support and expertise for integration technologies and processes.
* Network Design Support
* Develop interfaces (SDK/API) new and legacy systems.
* Provide pre and post sale support of assigned projects.
* Coordinate with customer’s IT Department on the integration of the network devices
25% to 50% travel required for position
6+ years of experience developing and implementing large-scale enterprise systems.
* Siemens Security Products – Sipass, Siveillance VMS, Desigo MNS, Site IQ, Vantage
* Industry Security Products – Software House CCure 800/9000, Genetec, Milestone, DVTel, Quantum Secure, Lenel Onguard
* Technology - Microsoft (MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCTS, or greater) Windows Server & SQL - architecture and administration, Linux OS, Active DirectoryCisco network products, VMWare.
* Strong communication skills - written and oral
* High level of proficiency in ACS, Intrusion detection, Fire Alarm and CCTV products and concepts.
* Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Comprehensive understanding of the project management life cycle is required.
* Expertise managing applications through the full systems development life cycle
* Presentation skills / Customer focus
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.