We're improving the way we live and work by intelligently connecting energy systems, buildings and industries!
Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where balanced energy is delivered reliably and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the resourcefulness of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.Join us! We Make Real What Matters. This Is Your Role.
With the digitalization era beginning to set-in, it could not be a better time than to join this motivated team. We are setting off on rolling out a digitalization G2M strategy for our global as well as local customers.
We are a self-driven team housed within the sales function of the Distribution Systems Business unit. Organizationally known as Verticals and Accounts, we are passionate about developing opportunities with global customers. We are also experts when it comes to handling cross regional business opportunities.
In this multifaceted role, you will supervise, plan and prioritize the activities of a team of engineers in an area of specialization. You will be responsible for the timely delivery of accurate configuration and connection details within the project budgets and targeted financial/quality results.
As a team, we are responsible to drive and negotiate business contracts with international customers, either directly or through a regional company. We take ownership from PM10 right up to PM70 for the hardware portion as per the Siemens process guidelines when it comes to chasing business opportunities. When it comes to delivering the software part, the SD group will take ownership for the IoTized hardware engineering, cloud architecture engineering and software delivery.
We are the Business Unit representative towards the Market Development Boards (MDBs). Our focus verticals include Automotive, Chemicals, Data Centers, Infrastructure, Minerals, Oil&Gas, Water to name a few.What are my Tasks?
- Responsible for defining the IoT hardware requirement along with the IoT architecture.
- Publish and maintain a technical strategy for the future development of Siemens rolling stock, considering technological requirements and future customer needs
- Ensure all bids within the portfolio are reviewed from a system engineering perspective and provide system level estimate, alert bid team of any potential pitfalls in design or requirements, product & solution security estimate, compliance statements for all requirements, as well as a conceptual level architecture to bid team.
- Interfacing together with cloud architecture expert on hardware protocols for Cloud communication (MQTT/OPC UA, McLIb etc.), along with hardware PLM to define functionalities and devices communication protocols (IEC61850, MODBUS TCP/IP, MODBUS RTU etc.)
- Specialist in IoT gateway evaluation to help define the data structure for cloud application.
- Planning and execution of development project, preparation of documentations, approvals Internal & external and follow the defined product release processes.
- Hands on experience in upgrading the existing systems as per the latest market demands.
- Products / systems knowledge about MV & LV switchgear is a must.
- You have a flair for IT topics, past experience in having exposure to software knowledge will be considered an advantage.
- Have worked with digital products and solutions including offering and pricing.
- Knowledgeable on IoT gateways required for cloud as well as on premise connections.
- Have knowledge on integration of devices on Automation and SCADA systems.
- You have worked on defining mid term/long term strategies for a product portfolio and have a flair for understanding customer demands and their use cases.
- You are characterized by a high level of communication readiness, analytical skills, team orientation, resilience and social competence.
- Open to travel internationally and have intercultural experience and sensitivity.
- In addition to your native language, you can speak and converse in English fluently. Other languages re desirable.
This role is based in Mumbai, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come. You have a Bachelor / Master’s degree in Electrical / Electronic engineering with 6-8 years of professional experience and have already gained 2-3 years (within the total) of experience in Product Management of Intelligent hardware equipment within the Siemens Group
We are Siemens!
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time