Quality Engineer – Siemens Magnet Technology – Oxford
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our site in Oxford where we design and manufacture superconducting magnets for MRI systems. As a Quality Engineer you will provide a support function to manufacturing in order to meet the objectives of the business. This includes problem investigations, ensure adherence to processes and supplier quality management.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Providing support to manufacturing for quality issues that arise during production, for example providing support with First Article Inspection, 8D containment actions etc.
- Auditing of device history records to maintain regulatory compliance and producing a monthly report on issues found.
- Where required perform data analysis and feedback in the required format.
- Provide support to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide Quality representation at the daily stand-up meetings held in the area of manufacturing operations.
- Perform internal audits according to the audit program.
Supplier Quality Management
- Work as part of the cross functional team in reviewing PSRs and supplier performance.
- Monitor and record Supplier 8D responses, close out and drive improvement.
- Where required initiate, agree and monitor a Supplier’s Quality Improvement Plan.
- Provide monthly feedback and analysis on the Quality Performance score for suppliers
- Perform supplier audits according to the audit program
- Preferably technical degree qualified or extensive equivalent experience
- Several years experience with Quality Engineering
- Experience with problem-solving tools like CAPA, 8D, 5Why’s, Ishikawa
- Experience with ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 Quality Management Systems
- Supplier auditor
- Planning & organisational skills
- Self-assured with external parties
- Customer focused.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled, and happier lives. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
In Oxford, Siemens Magnet Technology design and manufacture superconducting magnets for MRI systems. We are the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
We offer a comprehensive rewards package which includes:
- A competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days annual holidays
- Subsidised restaurant and on-site gym
- Access to our flexible benefits including private healthcare, dental cover, and many more
- Flexible working hours
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking with strong commuter links to the surrounding area; and a bus stop on our doorstep. In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time