At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Product Manager position is related to the comprehensive management of products, solutions or services over the whole product lifecycle and in cooperation with all partners over the whole process chain. This includes the responsibility for the assigned product, solution or service in all its facets including the definition of the product, business planning, road mapping, establishing and synchronizing with a cross functional team to realize the product, solution or service and define their marketing strategies.
Responsible for the definition and direction of a product or product family throughout all stages of the product life cycle (concept through end-of-life.). Works with product marketing and sales on the product launch and go to market strategy to ensure that the product is successful in the marketplace upon release. Continues to work with development, sales and product marketing to manage the product through its life cycle to ensure it meets established goals for revenue and customer satisfaction. At this level the employee performs some essential activities outlined above under direct management.
- The main objective of this position is product management over multiple software engineering products within the NX design product line.
- The role works closely with customers, sales, development and senior leaders to set the strategy, vision, business plan and software release content for responsible products.
- This position reports to a Senior Product Manager in the Product Management and Marketing organization within the Product Engineering Software division in Siemens DI SW.
- Product manager needs to understand the combination of NX product, customers and prospect workflow requirements, and business management of a software product line.
The responsibilities and deliverables associated with the role are as follows:
- Planning: Interacts with multiple sources at different levels to set a vision for the use of NX in an application area(s) and identify its potential key differentiators
- Works closely with customers, sales, development and the industry team to understand strategic product gaps that need to be filled to enable NX to address customer workflow success
- Provides a business justification for making product area enhancements that will grow NX new license revenue
- Leads the product planning and improvement process for all project enhancements that directly impact an application area(s)
- Works closely with NX product marketing, Sales, and Industry on new business opportunities and communicates current NX software business value to grow NX new license revenue.
- Communicate the capabilities of the NX solution to customers, prospects, sales and industry teams, and represents NX in key customer interactions and public facing events.
- Develops collateral and demos that highlight NX’s value to users of the application area(s)
- Works closely with the NX organization and implementation architects in the field to ensure that NX and corresponding products in Siemens DI SW can work together to satisfy application area workflows
- Communicates the needs of application area(s) to other product managers and development
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 10 years of experience with customer production deployments of CAD environments including an understanding of the key design, analysis, and validation processes.
- Experienced user of NX and ability to demonstrate NX to a customer and prospect audience
- A strong command of the English language and good communication skills.
- Ready and willing to travel as required to satisfy the needs of customers, sales or development. Candidate should have a passport and be available for international travel between 20% to 30%
- Bachelor of science degree in an Engineering discipline
- Business academic coursework or degree is positive
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.