Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
The Enterprise Software Delivery Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing the delivery and implementation of Siemens software for Canadian utilities. This role includes ongoing interactions between Siemens software business units and Siemens clients plus facilitating resolution of any technical matters arising during the client’s implementation process.
The Project Manager will provide relevant market information to the broader Siemens Product Management, and Product Development teams to successfully influence product roadmap strategy to align with customer expectations.
- Efficiently managing a project team and tasks
- Developing and tracking to a project budget and target dates
- Customer facing leadership and direct account management
- Effectively managing all project communications, including formal project reporting processes as required by both the client and Siemens.
- Providing the correct inputs to and supporting the invoice process such that billing is effective, timely and fair from both client and Siemens perspectives.
- Providing a channel for inquiries and problem resolution between the client and Siemens
- Writing, analyzing and obtaining the proper levels of approval for all contractual changes and/or requirements during the engagement (Change Requests, SOWs, Enhancements)
- Identifying and managing both risks and issues in a timely manner
- Adhering to and enforcing Siemens project processes and methodologies
- Providing leadership to the combined team of Siemens and client representatives as required, to manage all Siemens issues and deliverables.
- Participate in and proactively pursue various Siemens initiatives such as Self-training on Siemens solutions, Process and methodology development and improvement, Project Management skills development and improvement
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field or combination of related work experience as a Project Manager
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- PMP certification is a strong asset
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Project Manager delivering large and complex enterprise software projects,
- Experience in the Utilities Smart Grid space a strong asset
- Experience in managing in a matrixed team environment without direct leadership role
- Experience with SOW contract writing, negotiations and scope control
- Experience with MS Project or equivalent tools in setup and implementation of large-scale projects
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide variety of customers and internal stakeholders
- Requires leadership characteristics evidenced by clear and concise communications (verbal and written), a positive attitude as well as proven ability to work independently.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.