Siemens Industry – Machine Tool Systems is searching for a Focused Account Manger for our Midwest U.S. territory. This position will be located in the greater Detroit, MI. area focusing on customer OEM Machine Tool locations. In this role you will be responsible for setting the corporate strategy and ensuring effective execution for a list of targeted accounts in alignment with annual sales goals and objectives.
This is a key role within the Siemens Motion Controls Machine Tool Systems segment and it impacts both US domestic business as well as Siemens specifications globally through corporate engagements. This individual will need to be accustomed to working with a CRM tool for account planning, opportunity tracking, financial tracking /forecasting, and overall account coordination. Candidates for this role must have experience working with extended teams across a diverse geography. This position reports to the US Head of Sales for Machine Tool Systems.
- Take over a multi-million dollar territory with existing high profile accounts and an expectation to expand the business with new accounts
- Develop and execute strategic account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals
- Sell the Siemens hardware and software portfolio to local CNC Machine Tool Builders
- Advises customers in the selection of suitable Siemens products and services to increase the value of their product
- Manage the customer relationship through the build life cycle in cooperation with other Siemens department, e.g. Order Management, Application Engineering, Tech Support, Training
- Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key contacts within the customer organization
- Provide internal guidance to business units to achieve revenue objectives at key accounts (for example, penetration of account with products/solution/service offerings).
- Influence project decisions
- Assists management in devising sales plans and strategies
- May form account teams and coordinate team activities while minimizing sales and marketing costs and maximizing sales
- May lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years of successful sales experience in Industrial Manufacturing, preferably in the Machine Tool business with a solid understanding of CNC machines
- Working in a team environment
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Core Automation and Drives Experience
- Complex system selling / Value selling
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills across all levels of a customer organization
- Travel: 50%
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS in Engineering preferred.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.