Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to join our Customer Service team within Digital Industries and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow. Siemens Digital Industries offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their production processes and in reducing the time to market of their products. At Siemens Digital Industries you will have the opportunity to be part of a company that focuses on developing your knowledge, skills and experiences
The job holder will be required to work under their own initiative and also working closely with other members of the Customer Service team as well as with other colleagues in the extensive Digital Industries Team. Throughout all aspects of the role there will be a strong focus on the quality of customer service provided to external and internal customers.
- Responsible for servicing, maintaining, commissioning, installing, start-up and providing technical support for the range of drive applications (AC and DC).
- Able to provide a consistent approach whilst working under own initiative and also working closely with other team members, with minimal supervision and provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible.
- Ability to occasionally work outside normal business hours
- Understand the needs of our customers and markets, speak the customer's language developing credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Continuously seek to add value to the services provided and achieve first time fixes, leading to reduced breakdown times, lower costs to customer, reduction in invoice queries, thus gaining customer satisfaction and retention whilst helping to achieve market leadership.
- Have a commercial awareness and an ability to recognize, promote and pursue new opportunities for sales, contracts, retrofits.
- Ensure that the quality of service provided for each customer meets or exceeds their expectations.
What will you need to succeed?
- Min. 3 years relevant experience of fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of drive train applications (drives & motors) within an industrial environment.
- DEC or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong computer skills using the entire Microsoft Office suite
- Relevant experience in a similar or appropriate role along with basic programming & PLC knowledge, experience in fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of the Siemens Motion Control range of products (considered an asset)
- Previous experience of Siemens variable frequency equipment (considered an asset)
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (vehicle will be provided)
- Must be able to travel within Canada occasionally
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.