We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- The HR Advisor will identify, gather and provide requirements to help with the development of HR initiatives and to participate in the implementation of local HR initiatives.
- They will also play a key role to advise and coach managers as well as employees on complex HR services, programs and policies while supporting all data management and documentation requirements across the organization
- Provide human resources services and operational support to the organization, for example, explaining options for maternity leave, explaining guidelines and policies, or discussing separation packages with manager and employee
- Answers questions that require a level of professional judgment beyond the scope of the Global Business Services HR Team (AskHR)
- Support employee relations activities by investigating and resolving issues concerning working conditions, as well as people related issues such as manager/employee and colleague relationship, including terminations
- Assisting managers to address specific people topics by advising on options in context of Siemens policy and local labour law, assessing risk and acting as consultant to help managers decide on best course of action
- Manage data and documentation handling at a local level as required
- Implement local HR activities and projects in alignment with HR Business Partner requirements
- Educating managers and employees on best use of on-demand solutions for relevant HR related topics e.g. AskHR direct-access service applications
- Implementation of HR projects and initiatives
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in HR relevant field or equivalent, i.e. Professional Human Resources certification
- 1-3 years of professional experience in HR or in a related business function
- Fluent in Canadian French
- Experience with relevant HR systems e.g. Fusion, MS Office, Workday
- Ability to work autonomously, managing time and priorities
- Professionalism and discretion
- Coaching and presentation skills
- Flexibility to travel to other locations as required
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Human Resources
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.