Siemens takes a holistic approach towards Cybersecurity. The goal of Cybersecurity is to ensure that Siemens products, solutions, services and SaaS meet generally accepted practices and standards for security and to adequately protect Siemens’ information assets and IT/OT infrastructure.
The Cybersecurity Officer is responsible for driving Cybersecurity in a Business Unit or Segment of Siemens, covering both Product/Solution Security (PSS) and IT/OT security globally
The Cybersecurity Officer is responsible for Cybersecurity (PSS and IT/OT) in a Business Unit or Segment. The Cybersecurity Officer reports to the head of the unit/segment and the CCSO of the Business
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for Cybersecurity activities as defined by CCSO.
- Implementation of Cybersecurity Governance as defined in the relevant Siemens and DI Circulars
- Derives Cybersecurity strategy and defines implementation of strategy as aligned with CCSO in his/her area of responsibility (e.g. business, country).
- Supports and consults business with respect to any topics related to Cybersecurity.
- Supports and implements holistic view on Cybersecurity within his/her area of responsibility (e.g. business, country, product line).
- Advises business, its countries and regions in their activities related to Cybersecurity.
- Clarifies Cybersecurity services quality and demand.
- Clarifies Cybersecurity resource demand.
- Steers and maintains community collaboration and best practice sharing.
- Advises on risk management, and acts as interface between strategic and operational RM.
- Guides Cybersecurity Governance implementation and drives process improvement accordingly.
- Represents respective organization for Cybersecurity topics internally and externally.
- Coordinate’s incident & vulnerability handling (incl. holding statement) activities and processes.
- Supports overarching (IT/OT, PSS) cybersecurity communities' knowledge sharing with participation and contribution
- Guide and manage the (virtual) cybersecurity team in the BU or segment.
- Collaborate with Central CYS int the delivery of cybersecurity services.
- Actively engage with BU and Segment leadership level.
- Contribute to the overall business goals regarding cybersecurity.
- Collaborate with other BU/Segment Cybersecurity Officers regarding cybersecurity strategy.
- Lead point of contact in the area of responsibility regarding all BU/Segment cybersecurity topics.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- A 15+ year track record of progressive experience in network, information security, and risk management in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or software development with advanced degrees preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing security for AWS and Azure environments for customer facing SaaS product offerings at scale.
- Security certifications in areas like CISA, CISM, CISSP, and AWS certified security.
- Experience with designing CI/CD pipelines with integral security as part of the development pipeline.
- Extensive experience working with management and technical employees establishing both policy and implementing security tools for commercial software product development for customer use as well as run time operations for on-premise and customer cloud environments.
- Well-connected within the security community with connections to various security expert organizations and companies.
- Strong experience leading multiple security teams across a broad product portfolio offering.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:  www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.