Mechanical Project Manager – Smart Buildings/Automation
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position requires the coordination and delivery of multiple, simultaneous Building Automation projects of various complexities. The Project Manager has fiscal responsibility for all project facets, including project billing, job cost reporting, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the planning, organizing and execution of all Mechanical Project
- Prepares detailed estimates for turnkey Mechanical-Electrical-Plumbing (MEP)
- Responsible for the development of project scope and subcontractor evaluation and
- Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project
- Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of
- Oversees project installation to assure quality of Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools to monitor, manage and control costs.
- Prepares progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and
- Obtains bids, negotiates pricing and selects reliable subcontractors to provide electrical installation, mechanical installation and general and special construction or other services.
- Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as "As-Built" drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections, and payments; and all project records.
- Prepares and disseminates installation and engineering information, instruction and Supervises installation labor and subcontractors, administratively works with management, operations group, sales staff, and field mechanics to coordinate the project.
- Works with financial, contract management and other management reports and tools to define project problems and remedy issues to assure project
- Degree in Mechanical or Construction Engineering or Building Construction
Technology preferred but not required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in project management of mechanical/electrical construction, in a turnkey
- Strong knowledge of construction fundamentals, HVAC systems, and
- Must have knowledge of mechanical estimating, planning, and scheduling systems, as well as proven experience in the evaluation and hiring of subcontractor trades. Strong oral and written communication is required along with the ability to work in a team
- Must be customer focus driven. Use of "Microsoft Project" or other planning software a
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.