Would you love to be a part of one of the world's leading software companies?
Siemens EDA is seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting DevOps Engineer to join our forward thinking team in Cairo, Egypt. This is role with a truly global scope, and the opportunity to drive continuous improvement of one our most important services.What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining high-availability production systems and large integrated environments.
- Developing/maintaining in-house utilities to automate/facilitate development & releasing activities.
- Managing continuous integration frameworks, Enterprise Monitoring and alert notification.
- Retrofitting solutions into already established workflows and development methodologies.
- Ability to explore, evaluate, integrate, and deploy state of the art Third-party tools for Development/Testing and Releasing teams.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies.
To apply, you will need to bring great skills and know-how to the role. We're looking for a candidate with:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Excellent Programming Skills in any of (C, C++, Java, Python).
- Very good knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl/Csh/Bash/Tcl/Java Script).
- Good Knowledge of OOP concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- (Plus) Previous knowledge or experience in any of the below systems:
- Continuous Integration, and SDLC process/tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Source Control Management (Perforce, GIT) configuration, management and tuning.
- Configuration management (Puppet, Tanium) to standardize environments.
- DevOps Infrastructure as Code and deployment of micro-services.
- Docker & Containers experience.
- Kernel and OS patching
- Great teammate who can work effectively with a worldwide, multi-site development environment.
- Self-motivated, inventive, and has the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time