Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces;
- Solving the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects;
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity;
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
- Ensuring that all necessary documents (work reports, timesheets, expense reports, protocols, etc.) are forwarded quickly and making sure everything is recorded in the system on time.
- Answering customer service calls (on-site and remote emergencies). Diagnosing problems and defects, identifying the required corrective measures and repairing systems.
- Performing preventive maintenance and diagnostics on systems and components in accordance with the service level agreement. Testing and verifying system conditions to ensure optimal performance.
- Working with the department supervisor to plan the work schedule three to four weeks in advance, as well as scheduling the use of tools, equipment and materials where needed.
- Making sure productivity and efficiency levels are obtained according to the established targets. Making sure all overtime corresponds to productive and billable work.
- Completing and submitting service reports covering every aspect of every mandate or activity. Making sure records are maintained for each site and for each contract.
- Notifying the sales representative or department supervisor of any additional activity required.
- Making sure the required safety and quality standards are met, in accordance with the client’s requirements and the company’s quality assurance procedures and technical guidelines.
- DEC in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or equivalent combination of training and practical experience;
- 3 to 5 years of on-site technical experience in electrical services with commercial and Industry Solutions customers;
- Good communications skills;
- Very strong fluency in French (spoken and written);
- Intermediate fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Proven diagnostic skills; ability to systematically identify and solve technical problems;
- Proven organizational skills; ability to effectively plan and prioritize work, including the ability to delegate effectively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to self-motivate and remain calm in stressful situations;
- Good computer literacy skills;
- Valid driver’s licence (mandatory).
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted..
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.