Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
For our Auckland offices we are now looking to hire a Site Project Engineer to be part of the City Rail Link (CRL) Project in Auckland. The Site Project Engineer ensures all electrical work is performed compliant with Siemens Mobility procedures and current legislative requirements.
- Understand plans & drawings, review design documentation and provide constructive review comments.
- Undertake site inspections and reviews to identify and mitigate risks prior to works commencing.
- Manage the installation programs and plan daily/weekly production work.
- Provide oversight and contribute to development of work ethics.
- Prepare, issue, and manage the installation work packages for the relevant installation teams.
- Act as Technical interface between installation and design, including standards and methodology.
- Support in the clarification of technical details with installation companies and subcontractors.
- Maintain the quality of construction/installation documentation including as-built documentation and quality.
- Provide and take leadership responsibility in health, safety, and environment management, especially for electrical safety.
- Complete progress reporting of installation activities and provide regular reporting ot the Construction Manager.
- Support of the Project Manager in claim management by detecting and assessing project-related risks and opportunities.
- Promoting strategies to minimise risk and promote opportunities.
- Electrician – Full NZ Registration with the EWRB including a current practising Licence.
- Desirable Qualifications: A degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Current full NZ Driver’s License.
- At least five years engineering experience as an electrical supervisor working on large commercial projects, preferable some civil works experience as well.
- Ideally experience in rail signalling.
- Experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments.
- Ability to solve problems as they occur and experience to plan and implement final designs.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty. Ltd. Branch (NZ)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time