For system support in the Factory Automation business, we are looking for young engineers to join our team. The main responsibility is to technically support internal and external customers regarding the upcoming new technology of Edge Computing in factory automation. This includes developing edge apps, creating innovative concepts, presales support, preparation and execution of technical workshops, consulting of customer projects, and constantly innovating about how to improve the usage of our products.
What are my responsibilities?
• Develop edge apps based on customer requirements.
• Guide internal and external customers on the way to use the new Edge technology. This includes setup Edge Apps and the integration of Edge into existing IT and OT structures.
• Creating innovation concepts for Edge in Factory Automation
• Onsite customer visits to support sales regarding technical topics
• Build up and maintain expert knowledge about the latest technologies and trends in Factory Automation
• Prepare and execute technical workshops to share the latest knowledge to internal and external customers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• You have 1 – 2 years full stack developing experiences.
• Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Nginx) and UI/UX design.
• Knowledge of container technology (e.g. Docker, Docker-compose) and container-orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
• Familiarity with IOT technology (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino) and MQTT communication.
• Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git).
• Highly motivated to work in a global team, learn from others and share your own knowledge.
• You have a Bachelor's degree or above in engineering fields such as computer science, mechanical, electronics, automation engineering, etc.
• You are a life-long learner and are excited to learn new technologies and ways of thinking.
• Good presentation skills.
• Industrial automation experience is a big plus.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time