Lead Research Engineer – Autonomous Systems
The Technology department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Technology Group helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Siemens’ Autonomous Systems and Control Research Group’s goal is to accelerate autonomous vehicle deployments in the real world. The research group develops state of the art algorithms and tools across the autonomy stack (e.g. perception, planning, mapping, etc.), participates in AV standards development and validates AV deployments. our goal is to work on topics that are business relevant to deliver outstanding positive experiences for Siemens customers and users by demonstrating the potentials of the technologies. Join our growing team
Change the future with us
- We are looking for an energetic and talented Research Scientist to join our Autonomous Systems and Control R&D team in Bangalore with the following responsibilities:
- Drive design and development of software and hardware components for autonomous systems control
- Define and achieve technical safety measures for different types of controllers
- Work closely with experts from machine learning, machine vision and other areas to improve system performance
What you need to make real what matters.
- Qualifications: Ph.D. in Robotics/Mechatronics or related fields from premier institutes with 5+ Years of relevant industry experience
- Prior hands-on experience in deploying motion planning, control algorithms on robotic and/or autonomous systems
- Strong fundamentals in robot kinematics and rapid design, integration and prototyping of robotic platforms
- Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience in at least two of the following: distributed systems, robotics, computer vision, sensor fusion, localization, kinematic simulation, industrial controllers, and/or real-time systems
- Proficient with Linux, coding in C++/Python
- Software engineering experience (C++/Python; git; CI/CD)
- Excellent analytical, communication, and written skills
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time