Siemens Mobility Limited currently have some fantastic opportunities for an Electrical Design Integration Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! Reporting to the Head of Retrofit Engineering, you will provide retrofit engineering leadership, supporting train systems development to achieve effective retrofit engineering solutions throughout the Rolling Stock Business.
We are looking for someone with design experience in electrical systems and high voltage battery systems. Rail background isn’t essential as training will be given to the ideal candidate.
As a rapidly expanding team, we have scope for the successful candidate to be based across multiple sites including Derby, Northampton, Manchester, Doncaster, Crawley, Hornsey and Southampton.
What are your responsibilities
- Develop cable and wiring solutions for applications including traction power, control/digital and comms
- Production of detailed wiring schematics including connector and terminal details
- Production of detailed technical calculations to support component selection covering cables and circuit protection devices
- Production of installation / modification procedure
- Develop solutions to bonding and electrical separation
- Understanding and application of EMC compliance
- Develop control circuits for train control solutions including production of high-level train control schematics
- Production of detailed technical analysis including fault mode effects analysis
- Production of hardware and software specifications for train control solutions
- Production of engineering change packages in accordance with internal processes including risk assessment by applying common safety method risk assessment process
- Monitor industry practices to identify approaches, processes, maintenance and material changes that will improve retrofit effectiveness and achieve business objectives
- Provision of on-site technical support including on-train investigation
What experience do you need to apply for the role
- Proven experience in delivering electrical designs to relevant standards
- Proven experience in electrical component (including cables and circuit protection devices) sizing and selection
- Proven experience in developing wiring schematics
- Relevant Engineering qualification / degree in electronics or equivalent experience
- Good communication skills written & oral
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Relevant retrofit engineering experience for rolling stock
- Experience in renewable technologies. For example, traction battery, hydrogen fuel cell, etc.
- Experience in developing train control solutions
- Experience of Rail Vehicle maintenance and repair activities
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
- Experience with reverse engineering to find alternative suppliers for components, making use of limited information and drawings
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures
- Keen interest in train control and willing to develop skills and competencies in this field
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time