Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. By making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world.
Siemens is today one of the major companies within health care, energy, and industry. Together we are approx. 370.000 curious and competent employees in over 190 countries who are working with developing the future. Follow on our journey into the future #Siemens
We are looking for a Sales Development Manager for our newly acquired software business within Virtual training Solution Business. The business offers services and software for the industry with digital training to operators across the globe and has 22 team members with HQ in Gothenburg, Sweden. Virtual Training Solution is part of the Business Unit Customer Service within Siemens Digital Industries, which is a global and world-leading provider of digital transformation to the industry and offers a comprehensive portfolio of integrated hardware, software and technology-based services for manufacturing companies worldwide. Thus, Siemens contributes to increased productivity in the industry through more flexible and efficient manufacturing processes and reduced time required between production and finished product. The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Please read more about us:
Position summary / responsibilities
- Main objective to grow the Virtual training Solution (VTS) business in defined, verticals, i.e., Automotive, Aerospace, F&B, Tire, Battery, Electronics, and support the VTS business with OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and defined area sales accounts.
- Strategy: update and implementation of channel specific VTS sales strategies (jointly with VTS Head) including, market, portfolio, partners, resellers, customers, competition, and regions.
- Sales: Develops a quotation process, including preparation, distribution, and follow-up of the final proposal. Monitoring and following up sales activities / opportunities / forecast etc. in CRM. Central part of the customer escalations and satisfaction needs.
- Portfolio: Innovation and roll-out of new VTS features aligned with the Verticals and the Customer Service Segments. Update and maintenance of pertaining sales apps and sales kits and development of sales kits for new verticals.
- Feedback to VTS R&D regarding portfolio requirements.
- Targets: Definition and alignment of vertical-specific sales targets for Corporate Account Managers (CAM)/Global Account Manager (GAM) and Vertical Service Sales regions. Supports effectiveness of sales organizations via strategic initiatives / projects.
- Processes: Support the development of VTS-specific service requirements.
- Communication: Member of the Virtual Vertical Customer Service Teams.
- Customers: VTS contact for Vertical Service Sales, and CAM/GAM and support with top acquisitions and sales workshops/trainings.
- No staff responsibility.
- Core Mindsets: Customer centric, Proactive, Creative/trend seeker, Team spirit, Digital affinity
- Again, excellent communication skills – ability & willingness to build trust and collaboration with regional local setup.
- As a strategic thinker you can formulate business development measures and act as a driver to deliver ambitious growth objectives.
- Self-initiative and 'taking care of business'
- Ability to influence and think “out of the box” and share your expertise/knowledge with others.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changes
- You completed an engineering degree and have collected at least 5 years of experience from roles related to sales, customer relationship management and/or service business.
- You perhaps already have some years of working experience with or within a Siemens company.
- Experience in Sales/Engineering (e.g., Electrical/Automotive/ Aerospace, or other branches) with VR business experience as a merit.
- You have strong knowledge/interest of the virtualization and sales markets.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English are required, German and/or Swedish language skills are considered as an advantage.
- Ability to travel to HQ location in Nuremberg as well globally to the regional hubs.
Good work atmosphere and organizational culture based on trust, responsibility, and respect. Opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization. In this role you will be a part of our exiting journey and working in a department with strong team spirit. If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future.
Union representative: Facket.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AB
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time