We are currently looking for a Category Manager to join the Procurement department supporting our Rolling Stock (RS) business. You will be tasked with the strategic, sourcing and supplier management is robustly applied to the Rolling Stock business for both existing fleets and new bids/projects to reduce cost and manage risk.
Spend with third party suppliers is typically between 50-60% of the business turnover and the strategic sourcing team work with suppliers and other partners at a senior level. Cross-functional collaboration and communication are key to ensuring that we have a joined-up approach.
This role will initially be based in Doncaster with a view to move to Goole offices in early 2022.
This is your role
- Establish and maintain of the appropriate supply chain controls to deliver the business objectives, including identification and measurement of supply chain related critical metrics
- Implementation of the Siemens supplier management tools and processes in their defined category areas, collaboration with the relevant cross-functional partners and customers to measure and drive supplier related improvement
- Champion the use of diverse suppliers within the Siemens RS supply chain as appropriate
- Identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities and measures to reduce the operational cost base using the full range of advanced procurement tools and processes, including e-procurement and ANC (Advanced Negotiations Concept) where appropriate
- Reduction in supply chain related NCC (Non-Conformance Costs)
- Lead supplier negotiations with support from cross functional partners as appropriate to secure the most favourable outcome for Siemens RS whilst taking account of the long-term strategy
- Take the lead in drafting agreements with suppliers using the appropriate contract templates and utilising the business specialists as appropriate, including Siemens Legal Services
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes
- Implement the Siemens SQM (Supplier Quality Management) processes and ensure adherence
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- A good knowledge of Procurement activities with a broad working knowledge of operational, commercial, and financial activities across a range of businesses or an in-depth knowledge in a particular business. Experience of working as a Category Specialist or similar role (essential)
- Degree/CIPS qualification preferred
- SAP skills/experience
- Experience of working in a multi-national business would be advantageous
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time