Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as the 3rd Shift Shipping Supervisor.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the
next step in their career. As a 3rd Shift Shipping Supervisor,
you will be responsible for:
- Owning site pack-out process and export shipment staging for all international shipping. You will work to develop the team and process to drive productivity and ownership across all levels of the department
· Managing the shipping/receiving and warehouse functions required to support distribution operations, including shipment of finished product to the final customer in a regulated environment. You will manage both Siemens and contract personnel in order to achieve departmental requirements.
· Building and maintaining a positive, motivational work environment through regular coaching and recognition and reward
· Achieving team goals: Achieve 99% Warehouse shipment Accuracy, Achieve 98% Warehouse On-Time Shipment, Reduce Customer Complaints open more than 60 days, to 1% by the end of the fiscal year.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Experience with a warehouse management system with directed reserve control and knowledge of voice-pick technology
· Knowledgeable regarding inventory, labor productivity, cost accounting techniques, and material/logistical management techniques and systems
· Understanding of OSHA, GMP, ISO, and FDA regulations
· Understanding of the importance of leadership having a strong work ethic and being able to work effectively with and gain the cooperation of coworkers and hourly employees
· Managing and leading a department through clear and effective communication, both verbally and in writing, that your message is received accurately
· Continuous improvement, assessing and recommending advantageous operational changes to management
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to be flexible with hours and able to some work weekends and some holidays.
- Experience with SAP EWM
- Lean manufacturing or Green Belt experience/certification
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience and education in logistics, transportation, manufacturing or other business field
· Minimum of 3 years work experience in logistics at a supervisor level or above.
· Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of computer-based systems, as they apply to warehousing operations
· Organizational skills and ability to multi-task to coordinate and support all phases of the operations
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.