Mode of employment: Limited
Part-time: 17,5 hours/week
Use your knowledge as a springboard.
With around 7,000 employees, the Central Technology (T) department, together with the business units, secures the future of the Siemens Group. T conducts research with internal and external partners (universities, start-ups, ...) on future technologies, secures them with patents and supports commercialization. T also provides development services for the business units and supports them with approaches and methods for business excellence.
Your PhD project – challenging and future-oriented
You research on intelligent sensor systems (hardware and software) in the field of condition monitoring, predictive maintenance and the Internet of Things.
- You will research the state of the art in the field of sensor signal analysis with IoT networks.
- You work with wireless sensor nodes that are integrated into networks.
- You examine the failure mechanisms of sensors available on the market and the possibility to diagnose them.
- You develop novel algorithms for the analysis of sensor signal quality in industrial environment.
- You implement algorithms and methods prototypically on embedded systems.
- You develop future sensor systems that are characterized by intelligent sensor-related evaluation concepts.
- You design, build and test demonstrators for "Industry 4.0" applications, including the execution and evaluation of test and trial measurements in laboratory and test facilities.
Your qualifications – well-founded and adequate
- You were able to successfully complete your university studies (standard duration of study > 4 years) in the field of electrical engineering, mechatronics, software technology or similar.
- You have already gained basic knowledge in the fields of analog and digital technology, digital signal processing and the use of sensors.
- You have knowledge in the field of hardware-related programming.
- You are confident in using at least one programming language (ideally C/C++) and software solutions for the automation of measurements as well as measurement data acquisition and evaluation (e.g. Python, Matlab or Labview).
- Your profile is rounded off by fluency in English.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Part-time