Siemens Commercial Vehicle Business Unit has an opening for a multifaceted Project Manager. In this role you get to be a part of a team who is leading the way with electrification of on and off-road commercial vehicles across a wide range of size classes and applications in the Mobile Mining and Public Transit markets in over 15 countries at every stage of the lifecycle from sales to service.
We create sustainable value for our customers based on proven, reliable technology know-how that has been complied in more than 100 years of Siemens traction experience. Customer service along the product life cycle complete our portfolio.Position Overview
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include deliverables, cost, schedule, forecast, quality and for the life cycle of the project and across multiple projects.
These goals would include using such metrics as profitability, resources utilization, risk identification/management and customer interfacing.
This position is also responsible for the strategic business objectives of projects i.e. prototypes, contributing to the goals of CV.
Successful candidate must have a track record of profitable project execution, aspiring junior project managers are encouraged to apply
This project management position is both commercial and technical in nature and successful candidate is encouraged to lead multidisciplinary projectsResponsibilities
- The PM represents the company as the main point of contact for the customer, subcontractors and site trades. This includes communicating in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Understand the contract deliverables and develop vital schedule and plans for delivering them.
- Responsible for the project financials, including project billing schedule.
- Maintain project Change Orders and Request for Information Logs.
- Support of project proposal efforts.
- Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Lead the work of employees and/or subcontractors assigned to the project including from service, technical, finance, contract and administrative areas.
- Direct diagnostics with the ability to resolve root cause and corrective actions.
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required
- Minimum 2-3 years as a Project Manager in power infrastructure, drives/motors, process automation type projects.
- Industry knowledge in Transportation Rail & Bus ,Mining
- Travel approximately 25% as required for projects.
- Must understand and be able to discuss project schedules.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc.) with customer.
- Willingness to relocate to Alpharetta, GA and travel domestically and abroad.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- SIEMENS and non-SIEMENS product/project experience for competitive and alternative views.
- Solid understanding of physics, mechanical and digital subject areas (automation, networks, software systems, etc.)
- Manufacturing, Field service and/or Commissioning background a plus
- Experience in Electrical Engineering projects, specifically in the areas of power distribution and protection, drive systems and control systems.
- Understanding of variable frequency drives (AC & DC) and their applications
- Familiar with MS Project.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.