Senior Product Lifecycle Manager
This role will form an integral part of the Product Management team within ITS. You will be primarily responsible for the product lifecycle management of our Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (EVI) portfolio but will also have responsibility for other key parts of the wider ITS product portfolio.
Do you work within the existing and growing world of electric vehicle charging or do you have the skills and ambition to work in this exciting market?
Siemens Mobility has been delivering electric vehicle charging equipment since 2010, in partnership with some of the world's best manufacturers of electric vehicle charging units and using a decade of experience we are well positioned to support the private and public sectors in delivering the infrastructure required. As well as providing hardware solutions, Siemens provides its customers with services such as installation, commissioning, and maintenance. Siemens also has established partners to provide turnkey solutions including network operation.
The successful candidate will work to improve Siemens’ market position and achieve financial growth in the growing Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (EVI) market. The role requires building key customer and industry partner relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating, and closing business deals, in addition to maintaining knowledge of the EVI market.
The role is nominally based in our Head Office in Poole near to our R&D team and manufacturing facility, but the location can be flexible with travel to Poole when required.
What are my responsibilities?
- Market Research – Requiring active customer contact and desk research to fully understand customer needs, leading to clearly articulated opportunities for improvement of the existing portfolio and generation of new portfolio options. This will include the generation and presentation of sound business plans to management teams to secure funding for proposed developments and helping to drive new ideas, research and change throughout the company.
- Competitor understanding – you will be responsible for keeping the business up to date with competitor developments and work with the sales team to understand the position of all the competitors.
- Partner development – you will develop relationships with key partners, specifically operators of EV charging networks, billing and payment partners, EV charging as a service partners and more.
- Product Roadmap – own the product roadmap for your product portfolio areas, ensure this is maintained, based on market data and research, and aligns to the wider business strategy.
- Product Definition – Creating product / system requirements in conjunction with key team members within the business including R&D, Field Services and Operations as well as the wider EVI core team.
- Product Life Cycle Management – Working with cross functional teams helping to coordinate all aspects of product delivery from inception to withdrawal. This includes creating and monitoring business plans, supporting developments, serviceability, warranty, obsolescence, sales updates, and regular lifecycle reviews.
- Product Marketing – Championing solutions to internal and external customers, communicating benefits, and features. Support the sales and marketing teams in creating marketing material, articulating USPs and being involved in customer meetings and events on a regular basis to promote the portfolio.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- The role requires excellent oral and written communication skills, with customers, external partners, and internal colleagues at all levels.
- It is preferred that the successful candidate will hold a minimum Bachelor's degree in a technical or business administration field and experience within the automotive, traffic or EVI industry is highly desirable.
- A combination of persuasiveness and adaptability, coupled with a technical, financial and commercial understanding.
- Ability to undertake detailed and accurate analysis of market data and rationalise solutions that will be of economic benefit to the company
- Qualified to degree level (engineering degree preferred) or equivalent
- Show initiative and be self-driven, focussed on result output and quality
- Have an engineering background or experience
- Experience with the traffic industry, in particular focussed on electric vehicle infrastructure is highly desirable
- Experience within a PLM role is highly desirable
- A consultative sales approach whilst being pro-active and confident.
Proven relationship buildings skills evidenced in a business development, sales and marketing, commercial or engineering environment.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time