Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position performs installation, startup, and commissioning of building automation system equipment that has been newly installed. The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities. You will complete verification of complex system database and programming operations, ensuring consistency with the scope of work and sequence of operations. You will diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions, and you will serve as a subject matter expert to others. This role is a highly technical position that will offer our clients expert level installation of building automation controls primarily around commercial HVAC systems for data centers. This is a non-office-based position reporting to the Operations manager. This position will require approx. 75% travel within the continental US. Tridium Niagra 4 Certification is required.
- Review and provide feedback on customer data center building automation designs. Produce programs and test scripts to meet data center sequence of operations. Lead software and factory witness testing activities per the project requirements.
- Attend pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyze plans, specifications, and contract details to determine system requirements. Select products and determine appropriate placement to meet specifications.
- Design small or medium sized building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bills of materials, sequences of operations, valve and damper schedules, and DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Design network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through Ethernet, Siemens P2, Modbus or BACNET.
- Create automation system databases and job-related programming for computer-based building control systems. Establish special calibration instructions on selected equipment. Oversee the creation of system graphics. Troubleshoot issues, including identifying and debugging software, and diagnosing electrical or pneumatic installation problems.
- Organize and maintain job documentation. Prepare engineering re-estimate reports.
- Provide on-site assistance with or perform programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning, and validation processes. Participate in job site final walk-through, complete all job closeout documentation, and provide customer training.
- Act as technical resource to customers and field employees.
- Coordinate work with subcontractors.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing or servicing HVAC controls systems; 7+ years preferred
- Tridium Niagra Certification required
- Working knowledge of Tridium Supervisor/Workbench software
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, business operations, and job financial reports
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams
- Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low-voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols such as BACNet, N2, Modbus, etc.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and AutoCAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violation
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.