If you're looking for a #newchapter in your career, take a closer look at why Forbes' ranked us #9 on their World's Best Employers list.
Our New Kensington, PA, location is adding a meaningful role in our Production Planning area. You will have direct involvement with standardizing and improving processes around our production environment.
Scheduler – responsible to manage the scheduling tool. Liaison between production control and manufacturing to insure capacity with regard to resource and floor space loading.
Releasing work packages to production shop floor and anticipating daily scheduling system updates
- Participating in daily Gemba meetings
- Supporting weekly production planning meetings
- Anticipating production schedules throughout entire routing including subcontracted operations and operations performed in multiple areas of production
- Providing confirmed order status and lead-times from production to the project manager for communication to the customer and expediting contract reviews
- Conducting or support critical readiness reviews with other departments and track action items to ensure proper implementation
- Monitoring on time delivery and watch recovery schedules for overdue orders by maintaining key goals and other requested detailed reports for area of responsibility
- Communicating important changes in customer requirements and significant priorities to other functions of SCM
- Communication of critical delays to project manager immediately upon notification
- Assisting with material planning activities and coordinating with purchasing the expediting of material staging/logistics
- Setting up and maintaining part number master data for area of responsibility
- Manage inventory for material in area of responsibility.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
You will need the following expertise to be successful:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a multifaceted manufacturing environment
- Detailed knowledge and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and SAP
- Deep understanding of manufacturing processes and planning tools to ensure alignment
- Established critical process improvement changes in a production environment
- Accumulated 2-demonstrated ability working in a manufacturing environment or related field
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.