Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure: This position performs commercial security system service and maintenance. The position will routinely ensure that components are inspected, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the owner or final customer. The right candidate will work well with others; take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. This position acts as a mentor and provides on the job training to lower level technicians.
- Perform commissioning on security systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications.
- Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress.
- Conduct testing and inspection of systems under maintenance agreement.
- Respond to and complete any troubleshooting and repair to assigned customer systems.
- Identify code issues and non-conformance issues.
- Quote small repair jobs and provide detailed parts and labor requirements to estimators and sales personnel for larger repair projects.
- Plan work with mentor, Lead Technician and Team Leader.
- Report daily on activities completed, deferred or requiring further action or material.
- Create detailed test and inspection reports based on code requirements and customer needs.
- Submit accurate time keeping daily, expenses weekly.
- Work overtime when needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required. Completion of AAS degree in electronics or related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in the installation and maintenance of security system products.
- Understanding of the components of a network.
- Understand workstation and server OS management.
- Understand IP Addressing and subnetting.
- Understand basic switch, router and firewall principles.
- Understand IP Video network transmission and factors that impact video rates and quality.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers. Restricted
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must have excellent customer facing and customer service skills.
Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing. Benefits:
Matching 401(k), Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
Company cell phone and laptop
Extensive product training and professional career development
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Overtime, on-call pay, company uniform and vehicle, for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.