Siemens Large Drives Business is looking for a multifaceted Shipping Supervisor that will direct the safe and timely packaging and shipping of products in our New Kensington, PA, factory. This includes packing large drives and loading to trucks via cranes and processing small packages for spare components. The Shipping Supervisor will be an integrated member of the manufacturing team using many processes related to a successful production environment.
- Coordinate a team of hourly associates to safely package, move, and ship products
- Champions safety for all employees and activities, driving 5S organization for a safe work environment
- Leads process improvements using standardized lean methods
- Communicates internally with cross functional teams and externally with customer logistics teams
- Reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Providing leadership and motivation to hourly team members to achieve business goals
- Ensuring safe work area including routine inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Supervising work hours and work assignments to support delivery dates
- Ensuring all procedures are followed, providing vital training sessions
- Providing regular performance feedback to hourly team members.
- Executing promotional recommendations as well as disciplinary actions as required.
- Troubleshoots and resolves semi-complex problems
- Communicating with team and other functions to tackle problems in a standardized way.
- Utilizing SAP in support of deliveries and shipment dates and times.
- Working with project managers to ensure shipments to customers are accurate.
- Leading internal department budget and arranging purchase orders for inventoried materials.
- High School graduate required.
- Experience supervising in a production environment
- Ability to lead in a team environment with validated cross functional collaboration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours
- Digital literacy required including Microsoft Office, (ability to learn SAP and Team Center)
- SAP experience or equivalent MRP system
- Associate or Bachelor degree in related technical field or business studies
- Safety knowledge for material handling of heavy equipment using cranes and forklifts
- Knowledge of the transportation business LTL, Truck Load, Parcel, Expedited, Ocean and air.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.