Software Engineer – Vibro-acoustic Solvers
Siemens Digital Industries Software is an engineering innovation company, with a proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical, and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system engineering for noise, vibration, durability, and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications.
We are a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Your challenge and opportunity:
To realize our ambitious product roadmap, we are looking for a simulation software engineer to join our acoustics team in Leuven, Belgium. In this department you will work on the development of software to be implemented in our futures releases of Simcenter 3D (https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/products/simcenter/simcenter-3d.html).
For this mission, we need someone with a strong interest in numerical methods and computational acoustics.
- As member of the High-Frequency Acoustics team, you will Investigate, design, program, test and document new modelling capabilities and new algorithms in Simcenter acoustics 3D processing and auralization code.
- You will improve and extend existing code or design new code modules from scratch, mainly in C/C++.
- You will participate to the software maintenance activity and provide support to product managers and customer services:
- Advise on how to use the software (pre-processing, post-processing, solvers)
- Create and run relevant numerical models for proper assessment of the software quality and performance.
- Investigate causes of reported software problems, implement fixes, propose workarounds Implement enhancement requests
- The above duties will require from you the development of a knowledge, either from scratch or from existing basis, in acoustics and vibro-acoustics theory and applications, with a focus in ray-tracing, statistical energy analysis, auralization, virtual and augmented realities.
- Master degree in Engineering (preferred mechanical, electrical, mechatronics or computer science) or Applied Mathematics.
- Strong knowledge in C++ / Knowledge of Python and Matlab is a plus.
- Interest and knowledge in mechanics, waves and vibrations, acoustics, signals and systems, and numerical methods.
- Experience in DSP, auralization and virtual or augmented reality will be considered as an asset
- Real teammate with curious mind and challenge spirit.
- Good practical analytical skills and good communication skills.
- Result-oriented and customer-oriented mind.
- Fluency in English is required (speaking, writing and reading).
- You may be junior or senior; your application will be taken into account.
About working at Siemens Digital Industries Software:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future!
Siemens Digital Industries Software Careers: Land your dream job with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time