Technical Support Specialist – Atellica Solution
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are searching for a home-based Technical Support Specialist. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to join our award-winning organisation, where you will work as part of the regional support team to cover our Atellica portfolio.
As a Technical Support Specialist the successful candidate will be working as part of the Customer Services Diagnostics Remote Services Centre helpdesk team provides problem analysis and technical clarification support services to both internal and external customers. Through the technical call clarification process, they aim to achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for Siemens Healthineers products, thereby ensuring continued profitable growth of the Healthcare business.
This role requires the individual to demonstrate the ability to analyse, remotely troubleshoot, repair, maintain and support clinically the full range of Atellica Solution Systems. Additionally, they must be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and address customer support issues promptly and professionally.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Atellica Portfolio of Laboratory Products.
As part of a product technical support team the candidate will be responsible for providing technical and application support to customers over the phone. The job holder will be expected to provide a vital technical call clarification service support over all products, working very closely with RSC second level and HSC third level support, as well as with sales and field application support teams.
This is a home-based role but a flexible approach to travel is required; shift working will be required, with opportunities for out of hours support. The jobholder will be required to provide remote as well as occasional field based technical support and command a high level of analytical skills. Attendance of training courses, customer training, meetings, and technical seminars in the UK abroad and foreign countries is required. The successful candidate will be required to participate in helpdesk shift rota as part of the Customer Care centre’s support process.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will provide Atellica Solution technical support to internal Customer Service Engineers and external customers in a highly sophisticated support team, ensuring “Best-in-Class” reactive, proactive and interactive support to countries in EMEA
will support Atellica Solution Implementation Projects by performing:
- Hardware installation
- Software installation
- System acceptance testing
- Analyzer/LAS connectivity
- You will troubleshoot a variety of Hardware and Software issues. The ability to demonstrate a high technical expertise from a holistic system approach is expected
- You will manage service incidents via the incident management process following Good Documentation Practice techniques whilst fully adhering to service level agreements
- You will utilize the full potential of Smart Remote Services, including SRS, proactive system monitoring, remote software distribution/installation, and virus protection/support
Your qualifications and experience:
- A university degree or equivalent high level experience in Bio-medical engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering
- Instrument knowledge and field based technical support experience on Laboratory Diagnostic systems will be considered positively
- Strong all-around IT skills, TCP/IP and network basics knowledge is highly desirable
- You possess superior analytical skills and knowledge of proven problem solving techniques
- An understanding of clinical modality applications and laboratory-based workflow
- Demonstrable experience of technical problem resolution
- A working knowledge of fault analysis and resolution
- Knowledge of escalation processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with staff and customers at all levels.
- Demonstrable technical report writing skills capabilities
- Strong communication skills written and verbal in English
- Communication skills written and verbal in any other languages is also appreciated
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to develop positive customer relationships
- Ability to analyse, plan, report and take action on technical issues
- Ability to work in a virtual Team environment
Candidates will be mainly home-based and self-motivated. They will need to work effectively supporting customers being part of the Remote Services Centre. The candidate should be flexibility with regard to working hours and may spend time away from home occasionally. From time to time the nature of Healthcare business dictates that the candidate may be expected to work outside normal hours or weekend days thereby spending nights away from home in order to meet business needs, attend trainings and meetings. You must be willing to travel within EMEA, >40% travel activities.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent pension contributions, 26 days holiday, private healthcare options and other flexible benefits.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time