Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Our Digital Buildings Data Analytics team is looking for an enthusiastic Software/Data Engineer who is eager to put his/her passion into running our data analytics environment and to play with building data from all over the world. You will work with a passionate team of data scientists, engineers, architects and product managers to build tomorrow’s data-driven building products. In this role you can work partly from home and partly from the office. Join us in creating environments that care!
Your new responsibilities
· Implement and maintain our data pipelines ingesting data from various data sources and products (e.g., streaming IoT data)
· Take responsibility for the extension and maintenance of our data analytics platform, of which the data pipelines are a central part.
· The core of this job are data engineering and software engineering, however the job is located within a global data science environment
· Work closely with global, cross-functional teams like Architects, Data Scientists, DevOps and Product Managers to understand and implement the solution and data requirements
· Track the implementation, drive the integration across various departments, and monitor the usage of data analytics products
· Make sure the numerous APIs are well maintained, test and validate the environment with end-users
· Support the team head or other colleagues in upcoming daily tasks where necessary
Your skills and experience:
· Experience and willingness to explore big data pipeline and compute tooling such as Luigi, Airflow, Beam, Spark, Databricks. When it comes to methodologies, knowledge of agile software development processes would be highly valued
· A University degree in Computer Science or a comparable education, we are flexible as long as a high quality of code is ensured
· The scenario in our team needs an early starter, bringing along a few years of professional experience in software engineering with Python
· As you will be working with these from day one, familiarity with AWS services beyond EC2 (e.g., Fargate, Batch, RDS, SageMaker) is something we expect from applicants
· You have the right attitude, allowing you to navigate within a complex global organization and getting things done. We need a person with an absolute willingness to support the team, a proactive and stress-resistant personality
· There are a lot of learning opportunities for our new team member. An openness to learn about data analytics (including AI) offerings is part of your motivation
· Business fluency in English
*We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions. Our goal si to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
- Successful, stable, but innovative company, which makes real impact
- Newest technologies, all projects runs in agile methodology (we use SAFe)
- Great team (hard to explain in words, let`s meet us and see )
- We support trainings, cerfications and development internally and externally with individual approach based on your needs and requests. We attend also international conferences (e.g. AWS)
- Flexible working hours
- 2 days of home office per week in normal non covid times
- 3 Sick days per year
- Bridge days (additional paid leave to our legal vacation allowance) from 4 to 9 days per year
- Sick leave compensation to 100% of salary – 20 days p.a.
- Cafeteria system - Benefit plus
- Work-life balance – stable quartal planning cyclus
- Childbirth bonus, maternity leave bonus, work anniversary present
- Additional pension savings (3. pilier)
- Team building program - offsite meeting, Christmas party, extra budget for team building events
- Siemens Share Matching Program
- Employee`s loans
- Referral program
- Company free parking
- Discount of monthly fee from our telecom provider for employees and their family member
Company: Siemens s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time