- The Sales Consultant/Business Developer for the for Pharmaceutical Industries within Siemens Industry will be responsible for identifying and developing customer opportunities into successful solutions.
- The successful candidate will be able to pair market knowledge with digital applications, manufacturing execution systems, and an automation centric portfolio of solutions, turning them into actionable steps in the prospect to customer conversion process.
- The Sales Consultant/Business Developer must be able to work in matrix organization, coordinating with other various groups including engineering, sales, and marketing on a national basis while representing the global pharmaceutical organization.
- The Sales Consultant/Business Developer will be measured on portfolio growth, customer pipeline development and new customer conversions in the pharmaceutical market with a focus on Biopharmaceuticals including Cell & Gene Therapy companies
- The position reports to the US Pharmaceutical Head of the Vertical Segment
- Lead the development of the Biopharmaceutical Market with a focus on Cell & Gene Therapy manufacturing and R&D applications.
- Match Siemens offerings to customer needs in digital applications, manufacturing execution systems and automation applications in both the manufacturing and R&D environments
- Position Siemens as a thought leader in Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences through industry associations and events
- Educate internal and external personnel on Siemens offerings on features, benefits, and value propositions of the assigned portfolio in defined markets
- Work with marketing, sales and engineering teams to maximize solution offerings
- Identify market trends, customer needs and competitive advantages.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Bioengineering disciplines including Biochemistry, Biomolecular Engineering, and Biotechnology preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science is acceptable.
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing execution and automation market
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical Markets with a focus on Cell & Gene (e.g., mRNA, Vaccines, CAR T Cell) within Manufacturing and R&D
- This position requires approximately 30% travel but is otherwise Remote based.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced/Master’s Degree in related Bioengineering disciplines including Biochemistry, Biomolecular Engineering, and Biotechnology preferred.
- Pharmaceutical Knowledge – e.g., industry standards (S95, S88), eBR/Batch Integration, Validation, Single-Use Technology, Plug & Produce Concepts
- Emerging Digital Application Trends including Cloud Technologies, Software as a Service Concepts, Digital Process Twins, Apps for Manufacturing, Simulation and Networking/Cyber/OT concepts
- Experience in developing new/emerging markets
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Operations Management
- Experience with Automation Systems – Distributed Control Systems, PLCs
- Experience working with End Users, OEMs, and EPCs, especially in Life Sciences Markets
- Experience working with manufacturing and R&D applications
- Experience with GAMP 5, V model and/or validation/ qualification processes
- Understanding of the Siemens industrial product, solutions and service portfolio
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.