Position Description: Performs varied customer service and support activities, which may include any of the following:
Service and Application Engineer function:
- Complete broad scope of product and systems support including install, commissioning, maintenance, and evaluation of customer equipment and systems.
- Provide scheduled and emergency support remotely and onsite.
- Provide all levels of user support.
- May manage sub-contractors and monitor delivery.
- Create Report and Status Updates of project status.
- Explore new opportunities while engaged directly with customers (remote or onsite).
- Supports sales by identifying potential additional business and providing leads to sales engineer.
Remote Support Engineer:
- Delivers support services by using remote connections to customer systems.
- Diagnoses, clarifies, and resolves technical problems.
- Clarifies events, analyses traces and diagnostic information, provides information about findings to solve the issue and provides guidance for the next steps ( site visit )
- Use escalation strategy to assist customers.
- Develop roadmaps to provide forward looking recommendations to ensure we are utilizing resources effectively and efficiently to drive increased profitability and excellent customer service.
- Advocate the voice of the customer in the service portfolio innovation process
- Maintain awareness of competitor plans, trends and technologies.
- Marketing/PR support at events i.e., tradeshows.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience or BS/BA in a technical field – preferably already trained in Simatic, Sinumerik, Simodrive, Sinamics, Electrical Design, Troubleshooting, Electrical Wiring, Arc-Flash, NFPA70.
- 2+ years' experience working in product launch and process environment.
- Bachelors' degree in Technical field preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of degree. High School degree or equivalent is required.
- 90% travel required for this role.
- Prior PLC , Control Systems, Automation and Lean Manufacturing experience required.
- Knowledge of 5-axis machining technology preferred. Specific Siemens product experience in SINUMERIK and SIMODRIVE, especially 840D and 611D
- Knowledge of Siemens product experience in SINUMERIK and SIMODRIVE, including non-current products such as System 3, 810 classic, 6RB2101, 6RA27
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.