At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens is looking for a Lab Professional, preferably with low/medium voltage products experience for their Tucker, Georgia location. This person will perform standardized electrical tests as directed per UL, CSA, and other certification bodies under the direction of lab team lead. In addition, they will produce accurate and detailed testing documentation describing the performance of various electrical devices including circuit breakers, controls devices, and distribution equipment
- Trouble shoot test set-ups when necessary. Selects and operates test equipment/software as required by test requirements as directed per UL, CSA, and other certification bodies under the direction of lab team leader.
- Conducts the training of and/or directs personnel in related job function activities upon the request of management
- Position requires to travel within the United States to performed product testing in an outside lab.
- Testing includes temperature, short circuit, mechanical endurance, electrical endurance, and environmental
- This position reports to the Laboratory Team Lead
• Designs and tests the sequence of test programs, and creates test instructions, including documenting the entire testing process
• Ensures the effective implementation of processes relevant to the position as required by applicable quality system documentation
• Analyzes the test sequences for potential improvements and carries out or initiate the required implementation measures
• Maintain safe and clean work environment
• Other assignments as directed by Team Lead
• Test equipment maintenance/upgrades
• Cross-train in other areas of the Power Lab
• Create and update test procedures as needed
What you will need:
1. 2-year AAS degree in electrical/mechanical or Engineering field of study required
2. Ability to use oscilloscopes and multi-meters
3. Knowledgeable of National or International Standards (e.g., UL, CSA, IEC) when required by test requirements
4. Microsoft Office skills
5. PC skills, to include basic programming skills
6. Ability to 30% travel domestically (Wisconsin and Iowa)
7. Strong at multi-tasking
What will set you ahead of the pack:
1. ISO 9001, 17025 documentation requirements
2. Experience with circuit breakers and wiring from residential size (15A) through industrial size (up to 6000A)
3. Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in the electrical field
4. LabVIEW programming
5. PLC programming Simatic and LOGO
6. Experience using thermocouples
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.