IT Customer Support Director
As an IT Customer Support Director, you will participate in an internationally disperse team to deliver external facing Customer Support applications to the Siemens DI SW Business Unit. This is a senior leadership position responsible for the development team managing, supporting & developing applications. They must interact extremely well with various business stakeholders as well as various IT partners to deliver the right solution at the right time. They must have experience analyzing requirements from Product Owners as well as customers, setting expectations & delivering the necessary solutions and features requested. Existing applications and existing platforms including SFDC will simultaneously need to be extended, supported & maintained. You will be responsible for managing an existing development team and interacting with others to identify alignment opportunities which not only save the company money but optimize the solutions provided to the organization. You will have administrative responsibility for several people, which will include advising them with their career management & development goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to analyze business requirements and develop various features of many diverse customer support applications
- Contributes to the overall planning initiatives of this DI IT SW Customer Support team.
- While developing new solutions, the team will also need to maintain and address issues with existing applications. As a result, time management and the ability to manage simultaneous initiatives will be crucial
- Creates, executes and revises various work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Applies sound Agile methodology and enforces those principles and competencies
- Prepares and implements quality assurance procedures to mitigate risks.
- Ensures project & application documents are complete & current.
- Participates various presentations and discussions in the global DI SW Support & R&D Communities to spread knowledge and encourage alignment across diverse teams/organizations.
Skills and Abilities Required:
The qualified candidate will have the following experience:
- 12+ years of relevant leadership experience across multiple teams at a large company. An ideal candidate will have examples of work completed involving teams managed & complex projects successfully completed.
- Experience with the implementation, management & support of large & critical business applications.
- Experience planning and managing annual budgets for multiple teams.
- A proven track record of being able to develop a strategy & the necessary components (plans, budget, resources, deployment & support) needed to meet both the short- & long-term objectives of the company.
- Ability to write documentation and prepare presentations concisely & professionally.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- A proven ability to effectively communicate across organizations boundaries and organization hierarchies.
- An experienced change agent – must be able to ‘make it happen’. Strong demonstrated ability to influence others, through good interpersonal skills and collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated “hands-on” use/knowledge of Lean Agile practices
- Must be a flexible and creative individual capable of supporting multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced, often ambiguous and diverse environment.
- Operates under minimal supervision, with latitude for visioning, project management, cross-team communication, employee development and administrative functions.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Engineering would be preferred.
- Multiple years managing an application development team.
- Demonstrable examples of applying advanced concepts and practices to help customers achieve their complicated initiatives.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.