Siemens EDA is the longest standing Electronic Design Automation company in the world and over the last 30 years has amassed the finest technology portfolio in the business. Our software tools span the full breadth of semiconductor and electrical systems solutions including integrated circuit design and verification, PCB design & manufacturing solutions, cable harness design tools, and embedded software. Siemens EDA has an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of the Tools and Porting Group for their flagship Calibre product.
The ideal candidate would be one who has worked in a DevOps team supporting an enterprise environment across multiple geographies.Position Overview:
- The candidate will work within multiple areas of the Software Development Life Cycle which includes:
- Continuous Integration pipelines to a variety of hardware architectures and operating systems.
- Third-party software integration
- Retrofit solutions into established workflows and development methodologies
- Build and release management
- Technical degree (minimum BS) in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 12+ year’s relevant experience working in an enterprise environment.
- The candidate must have excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written.
- The candidate must have the ability to work constructively and productively on a team, as well as alone.
- The candidate must exhibit a service-oriented attitude and be able to work effectively with a worldwide, multi-site development environment.
- The candidate must have strong proficiency in programming with scripting languages like Bash, Python, Perl. C++ a plus.
- The candidate must have strong proficiency in build systems such as gmake, Ninja, and cmake. Autotools and Bazel are a plus.
- The candidate must be able to retrofit solutions into established workflows and development methodologies.
- The candidate must have knowledge of OSS license types.
- The candidate should be resourceful, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative when appropriate.
- The candidate should have a strong desire for continuous improvement and have a passion for automation and making tasks repeatable.
- The candidate should have extensive, relevant experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL and SuSE linux is required).
- The candidate should have strong proficiency in Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins and GitLab
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.