At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, guide their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Siemens Global Business Head will lead all segments and subject areas of our Life Science business and actively participate and influence cross functional teams governing the portfolio and the go to market strategy. Developing relationship with customers, sales, and marketing organizations is needed to clearly understand customer needs and translate them into measurable requirements. Prioritization of portfolio requirements and investment needs is a critical task to develop together with the business units. This role reports into the SI Head of Vertical Sales & Partner Development. The Life Sciences Head is the main interface to the Siemens Vertical Market for Pharmaceuticals and represents and promotes Siemens Smart Infrastructure’s interests in that body. This role actively pulses the industry to understand the driven environment, anticipate market trends and demands, as well as developing and communicating business proposals for product / portfolio pivotal initiatives, including development, partnering and acquisitions.
- Develop, advise, and collaborate with senior management to determine overall Life Science vision, strategy, policy and direction.
- Get involved in setting strategic direction and communication to establish near and long-term goals and market strategy regionally and globally. Build implementation plans with Business for own development or acquisition.
- Direct and conceptualize the development of marketing programs, channel, and pricing strategies to ensure profitable growth and expansion of business, new products and solution sets that are innovative, meet standards and profitability targets.
- Manage direct reports of portfolio and business development and indirectly guide multiple levels of Life Sciences managers across the globe. Provide specialized mentorship or training support to professional staff
- Drive the successful planning and implementation of all required management activities leading to achievement of profitable growth, customer, and employee satisfaction goals for the company
- Direct development projects within the business. Develop and lead key opinion leaders; identify and respond to trends impacting customers, markets and competitor's strategies.
- Work with Marketing to build specific customer messaging and value propositions for target customer segments, collaborate with external agencies to construct impactful promotional materials that include market data and country sales and marketing inputs
- Interact with management at senior levels at a client and/or within own organization. Actively seek out and develop 3rd party partnering opportunities, especially in software.
- Bachelors or Masters in related field and Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. Advanced degrees are desirable.
- Industry experience in smart building, commercial building automation controls or energy management systems, along with expert knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures in all aspects of Life Science Solutions business, including laboratory and critical environments areas, both at regional and global level.
- Successful track record of creating sales growth strategies and driving profitability.
- Ability to indirectly manage global team of Life Science professionals/business development managers to meet the strategic sales targets.
- Conceptual creativity, excellent presentation skills and the ability to take influence with any partners at levels within an organization.
- Ability to travel 20%-40% domestically and internationally.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible Vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.