Siemens Digital Industry – Process Automation is searching for a highly
professional Sales Engineer/Specialist with a passion for customer engagement
and satisfaction. This position is located in the St. Louis, Missouri area. Your
goal will be to enhance customer productivity, efficiency and flexibility through
Process Automation products (DCS and associated automation components) and
Process Automation Solutions within a defined geography.
This is a direct sales position focused on the sale of process automation products and solutions. The Account Manager is responsible to manage existing process automation account relationships, prospect and develop new accounts, define opportunities and manage those to closure using the established sales and opportunity tracking methodology.
The first several
months of employment will include an extended training period with Account Managers, including
introductions to installed base customers in the territory and specific
technical orientation on Siemens technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US
The top candidate will exceed sales revenue goals by effectively executing on key strategies and activities to include:
• Understanding their market as it relates to customer requirements, opportunities and competition
• Build and maintain a business plan by cultivating a healthy sales pipeline by uncovering new opportunities, following up on leads and managing the existing customer base
• Building long term partnerships with senior management at key customer accounts, solutions partners and channel partners.
• Preparing presentations and professional proposals that highlight the value of our solutions and services
• Professionally escalate and expedite customer issues
• Developing a personal sales strategy that maximizes the return on time investment.
• Engaging business unit technical and industry experts+ to provide solutions that address unique customer requirements
• Leveraging customer relationship management tools to manage the entire sales cycle, prioritize activities, and provide accurate forecasting information.
• Serve as a contact point for the customer during the implementation of defined project opportunities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred, similar technical degree is minimally required
- Prior Sales and Customer Service professional experience preferred.
- Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
- Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Travel: Up to 50%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Knowledge of customers and competitors within the defined territory is a plus.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.