- Develop processes, materials and assembly methods for fabrication of state of the art transducers. Emphasis on particular processes such as miniaturized electrical interconnects, transducer packaging, adhesive bond strength and metallization quality directed towards creating high bandwidth, high efficiency arrays for future imaging applications.
- Broad background in surface science, materials engineering and precision assembly techniques desired.
- Strong background in semiconductor and ultrasound processes; casting, lamination/bonding, dicing, sputtering and grinding.
- Optimize and document processes for manufacturing; transfer designs and processes to manufacturing personnel.
- Understand, set-up, use and interpret design of experiments (DOE) and statistical process control (SPC).
- Interface very closely with acoustic design engineers, tooling engineers and electrical design engineers to maximize performance both acoustically and thermally by creating new materials/processes/assembly sequences that solve the design challenges.
- Work with other transducer cross functional teams for process development and integration activities.
- Strong dexterity and ability to envision complex, multi-component structures.
- Technical responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting technical projects within the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of transducer components and assembly processes.
- Prepare design and process specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers and engineering technicians.
- Prepare material for ECO release.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- BS/MS/PhD degree Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related science
- 10+ years of clean room assembled precision electromechanical device experience most desirable
- Experience in designing medical equipment preferred, including reliability and compliance
- Detail oriented and with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to work within and cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated/self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and operate in a remote environment.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a rapidly-changing environment
- Domestic and international travel required
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.