Application Support Engineer Advanced
Are you looking for a phenomenal opportunity in a cutting edge organization?
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Job Profile/Position Overview
As an Application Support Engineer Advanced supporting Teamcenter Installation and Administration, you are responsible for assisting customers in the installation and configuration of Teamcenter, working with support and development management to call out key customer issues; developing technical articles and customer self-help tools and assisting in testing and verification of software fixes during the development cycle. Customer reported issues would occasionally require additional guidance from technical leads, development, and management. Areas of customer focus would consist of broad range of products including specialized areas. This person could serve as mentor or focal point for product information. Scope of influence could include Marketing, Development, Onsite Customers, User Groups, and possibly Business Partners.
- Respond to phone and web submitted issues from customers and provide solutions for their problems.
- Under minimum direction, analyze customer’s problem and provide a solution or a workaround in a timely manner that meets the customer’s needs.
- Duplicate client problems and provide explicit examples when writing detailed problem reports and enhancement requests.
- Collaborate with team members on difficult customer problems.
- Identify critical issues and take responsibility for successful resolution of issue
- Actively participate and seek out PLMS department opportunities in including product testing, Incident Report, Problem Report, and Enhancement Request maintenance, solution article creation, and staff meeting discussions.
- Contribute positively to PLMS objectives.
- Build new, relevant and useful knowledge base content when appropriate in order to present customers with high quality recommended solutions
- Complete the required training
- Expand scope of product knowledge to include additional functional areas, applications, focal points, or modules, while maintaining area of expertise.
- Provide accurate exchanges of information that show knowledge of PLMS processes.
- Qualified candidates must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Computer Science or equivalent schooling and/or experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Teamcenter installation, upgrades and trouble-shooting related issues.
- Ability to comprehend complex software concepts, database concepts, networking concepts, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems, i.e. application installation and O/S experience.
- Requires proficient analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to work remote (virtual office) when required.
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work with a minimum of direct supervision, able to self-learn.
- Should have experience in customer support and call tracking systems.
- Experience and solid understanding of Microsoft Office products is preferred.
- Cloud experience, Teamcenter Deployment Center experience, SSO and SSL solid understanding, background in Microsoft SQL or Oracle is a plus.
- Enjoys a culture that rewards autonomous, well organized, self-motivated, reliable, responsible people.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.