Managed Equipment Services (MES) Equipment Librarian – Barnet Hospital
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Come and join Siemens Healthineers as an MES Equipment Librarian based in Barnet Hospital. The role is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Equipment Library such as the delivery and collection of Infusion/Syringe pumps, Feeding Pumps and durables including Oxygen and Suction therapy devices.
Purpose of the role:
To provide an efficient service in supplying medical equipment to all ward and clinical areas as required, ensuring that minor faults are corrected, and the preventative maintenance is performed.
- To maintain close liaison with the MES Supervisor in the day-to-day running of the Equipment Library
- Delivery and collection of equipment to and from the wards and clinical areas as required, ensuring that all accessories are complete
- Maintenance of computerised inventory of equipment in the library
- Responding to bleep\telephone requests for equipment under all conditions of urgency and keeping a record of all requests
- Ensuring equipment is cleaned and decontaminated by ward staff before being returned to the Library
- Inspection and functional check of returned equipment using existing guidelines
- Recharging of battery powered equipment while in the library
- Advising the MES department of any equipment issues which occur using existing guidelines
- Produce and distribute daily and weekly and monthly reports
- Reporting teaching needs, as they arise, to the MES Supervisor
- To manage the Equipment Library on a day-to-day basis
Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to deal with customers and staff at all levels;
- Experience of Microsoft Office software plus a good degree of computer literacy and knowledge to include the use of bespoke online software packages;
- Must have a flexible approach and be a self-starter who can proactively work on own initiative with minimal supervision;
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Mathematics to level C or higher;
- Background knowledge and an interest in engineering is desirable;
- Experience of working in a hospital environment would be advantageous.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent pension contributions, 26 days holiday, private healthcare options and other flexible benefits.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time