This role requires good alignment with Sales Enablement, Sales, Marketing and RND. Features developed by our RND teams often need to be showcased in sales meetings and marketing materials, making it this team’s responsibility to design, build and train staff on these features. So, if you enjoy getting your hands on the latest technology and building compelling content that set the standard for the whole company, then this is the role for you!
- The role of UX Engineer is to be a UX/UI specialist, skilled in the use of designing Mendix art of the possible apps, presentations, and demonstrations of the core Mendix Technology. The role requires you to provide hands-on support with producing exceptional content in apps, videos and supporting material. The role may require some travel between our three offices located in the UK, Boston (USA) and Rotterdam, where you will liaise with the in-geography teams to understand their needs and how you can support them to achieve their goals. You will also be required on occasion to meet with customers and attend sales events and meetings globally.
- Inspiring and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns, and best practices.
- Building new apps using Mendix that leverage the latest technologies.
- Interviewing with, and understanding our key personas needs to identify apps and templates to add to the core platform.
- Creating awesome demonstrations for our Sales Engineers, Account Executives, and partners, such as SAP and IBM
- Pushing the boundaries of Mendix and spreading the word on the benefits of Low Code Rapid Application Development
- Translating business purposes and user needs into innovative and differentiating designs resulting in visually attractive, efficient, and intuitive (mobile) user applications.
- Enabling our internal teams by integrating UX in an Agile environment using product canvas, user journeys, mock-ups to produce great-looking applications.
- Strong understanding of SASS, CSS3, and HTML5.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications.
- Proven work experience as a UX designer, Front End Developer or UX Engineer within an Agile environment.
- Proven experience with creating prototypes leveraging Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD.
- Proven experience with the Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.
- Demonstrated experience building UX deliverables such as wireframes, design mock-ups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Demonstrated experience in designing mobile-friendly websites and web-based applications.
- Good understanding of React Native.
- Familiarity with tools like Invision and Zeplin.
- Mendix development experience is ideal.
- Proficient communication in English.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time