Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Head of engineering shall plan and direct all aspects of engineering activities and projects in close alignment with Global Head of engineering and Project Management.
- Ensuring that all engineering projects, initiatives, tools and processes are in conformity with the organization’s established policies and objectives.
- To adopt best practices in engineering , methods to provide expert technical guidance to engineering and PM.
- Organize and manage projects, making detailed plans that work towards the fulfillment of a set objectives.
- Good logic and reasoning skills to be able to identify weaknesses and strengths of alternative solutions or approaches to problems
- All functions related to safety and testing of all equipment used in an organization.
- Planning and providing training and technical leadership to appropriate personnel regarding design, selection of equipment and equipment standards
- Sound knowledge of Indian and international standards
- Responsible for recruiting qualified employees to whom they assign and designate tasks in an organization.
- Good communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Experience of leading a teams comprising of more than 30 plus design engineers- electrical, mechanical, automation and preferably IT as well.
- International cross culture experience – working with design teams and project teams in other countries
- Engaging with other Siemens entities and getting work assignments for the team, monitoring the performance of teams through KPI’s and working for continuous improvement in productivity of resources.
- Setup process for the change management in Engineering.
- Adopting latest tools which are in complete alignment with the global engineering plan.
- Utilization forecast & Budgeting for the engineering resources.
- Presenting the weekly / monthly status reports to local management and also to the global engineering head.Working with clear roadmap to enhance the knowhow of the team and to increase competence and regular reviews of the competency.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You have degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics from reputed engineering institute.
- You are Certified "Senior Project Manager" (SPM)
- Minimum experience of 20 years in Project management & should have a successfully executed large projects
- Should posses good communication, presentation & organizational skills.
- Should have experience of working with different partners and also across different cultures.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics India Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time