Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Business Development Professional
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Business
Development Professional, you will be
- Contributing to the definition and implementation of the LD strategy by establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships and executing transactions with outside parties
- Reporting to the Head of Business Development for LD, you will interface with Senior Leadership within LD and Franchises to understand and help shape strategic priorities, identify and engage with external parties with capabilities relevant to those priorities, and negotiate and close transactions with those external parties.
- Transaction types you can expect to be involved in include, Product and Intellectual Property Licensing, Development and Supply Agreements, Global Distribution Agreements, and other various partnerships; once a sufficient experience and credibility is established, you will also participate in M&A and Venture Capital Investments.
- You will interface and coordinate with key functions depending on deal type including Legal, Intellectual Property, Finance, Procurement, Sales and Marketing, Mergers and Acquisitions, Venture Capital.
- You will develop and maintain a strong network of industry relevant connections and remain appraised of emerging technologies, companies, and trends relevant to the Lab Diagnostics industry.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You are familiar with the IVD industry, its key players and the strengths and weaknesses of their respective portfolios
- You have a strong network in the medtech / lifesciences industry and/or in healthcare and you can leverage this network to source opportunities for business development
- You have a strong understanding of IVD business models and their various complexities and you can both qualitatively and quantitatively analyze business opportunities for Siemens Healthineers’ IVD business.
- You have strong PC skills, particularly in Excel and Powerpoint and can efficiently use these tools to analyze and communicate business situations and opportunities.
- As you will interact and interface with external companies and parties on a global basis, you have an openness and sensitivity to other business cultures.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical field, business, or finance, MBA strongly preferred and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the IVD (preferred), medical device, or pharmaceutical fields.
- You must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, understand and implement key principles of negotiation, and be able to convince/influence others both externally and within your own organization.
- You must have the capability to simultaneously lead and manage multiple high complexity projects.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.