Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
Siemens is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go around. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Siemens offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Siemens is represented in more than 90 countries, with over 300,000 employees worldwide, and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
The Business Unit Digital Grid is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power.
Energy systems are changing dramatically and in the world of digitalization, automation, and electrification the Digital Grid portfolio has products, solutions, and services to meet the most demanding challenges.
We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
This is a business operations position and an opportunity to be a part of the growing SI DG Grid Control business. The CPM role will be leading the commercial project execution during planning, design, procurement, commissioning, and customer acceptance in accordance with PM@Siemens guidelines.
The CPM will partner with stakeholders (customer, suppliers, project manager, Engineers, sales, procurement, legal as well as Auditor) and collaborate across all levels of the organization including senior management.
Position Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- Achieve Financial targets, driving improvements by identifying, evaluating, assessing risks & opportunities, strategies, and response activities, and efficiently managing planned budget.
- Ensure clean and accurate record keeping of the Financial statements of the project in adherence to Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG’s)
- Prepare accurate Forecast of P&L and Free Cash Flow on a yearly and monthly basis analyzing and keeping record of FC assumptions to be able to explain deviations and driving the project team to make sure we attain forecast goals.
- Facilitate month end clearing as well as the forecast and budget process.
- Become a trusted partner for the Project Team by Collaborating, Leading and Educating team members from other areas on all financial and compliance topics.
- Supports the PM in identifying, reporting, minimizing and mitigating non-conformance costs; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general
- Lead Risk & Opportunities identification and reporting process for the project. Manage the risks, contracts and claims, ensuring compliance with guidelines
- Ensures efficient communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting. MBA preferred.
- Typically 5 years experience in the finance / accounting area
- Preferably CPM certification completed or in progress
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, esp. Excel, Word & Power Point. Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Good ownership and excellent communication & interpersonal skills - strong collaboration approach.
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding & interpretation of key financial statements.
- Knowledge of Accounting principles in alignment with FRGs
- Experience in Financial Planning and controlling
- Experience managing complex projects
- Ability to read and interpret contracts
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced and dynamic environment.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.